After another busy week in the lithium space, check out our summary below:
- Nemaska Lithium confirmed first delivery of battery grade lithium hydroxide from their Whabouchi mine concentrate. This is a great milestone, and we look forward to more positive newsflow out of them. Check out what the CEO had to say in our recent interview with him.
- Dajin Resources COO was at Mines and Money in London last week talking about the company’s project, saying that Salinas Grandes potentially has one of the best lithium resources. Check out the video here.
- Bloomberg wrote an interesting piece on how EVs can displace 8 million barrels of oil per day by 2040.
- Reuters wrote another piece about the largest copper miner in the world, Codelco. This chilean company is making a push into lithium mining, and is using their China trip to learn more.
- Lucid, an EV startup, has doubled the size of its headquarters and moved into Tesla’s backyard. Read the full story here.
- Forbes wrote an interesting article on Vietnam’s richest man, and his ambitions to build electric cars in the country.
- China, desperate for Lithium is interested in buying Potash’s 32% stake in SQM. Check out the full story here.
- The Wall Street Journal was very active on EVs this week:Batteries Are Taking Over the World
- BMW stated that they have ambitions to build a hyperloop for electric bicycles. However, the name is misleading- it’s not like Elon Musk’s Hyperloop technology, but is more of a highway for electric bicycles.
- Bloomberg wrote an interesting piece about how the surge in demand for metals like copper, cobalt, and nickel for use in EVs will turn the balance of power back in favor of miners over their customers.
- 10,000 may get you a cool looking 3-wheeled electric car in 2019!
- The Washington Post joined the fray and wrote a piece detailing how Tesla is no longer the only company making cool EVs.
- The Economist took a look at the future in their piece about Electric Planes, detailing that small hybrid electric airliners are ready for take off.
- Morgan Stanley released a new episode on their ideas podcast titled Will Electric Cars Take Us Back to the Future?
- Can’t wait until next week to catch up on news? Stay up to date on all of the latest developments from companies in the industry via our Lithium Newsfeed!